Friday, January 29, 2010

First Week On The Job

After my first week of meeting with Dr. Combs and discussing what my Internship this spring semester would entail, I found out that I would be using a Software program called “Dart fish” which is a video software analysis program. Throughout the semester I would be videotaping fellow soccer players and other clients of Dr. Combs using what is called Functional Movement Screening (FMS). Functional Movement Screen was originally developed to gather objective data for statistical analysis of human movement patterns with respect to functional performance and injury prevention. Throughout the week Dr. Combs walked me through on how to use “Dart Fish” and all of its features. After having a brief walk through I knew I had a lot to learn in the near future in order to use “Dart Fish” properly, so Dr. Combs gave me a manual to read over the weekend to catch up and learn all there is to know about the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment