Friday, February 5, 2010

My First Project

At the start of this week Dr. Combs presented me with my very first assignment, which was to analyze one of his clients. Dr. Combs videotaped the gentleman using “FMS”. I had no idea as to what “FMS” was so Dr. Combs gave me a link to read up on exactly what “FMS” is and the reasoning behind it. “FMS” has a person perform 7 exercises: Deep Squat, Hurdle Step, In-Line Lung, Shoulder Mobility, Straight Leg Raise, trunk Stability Push-Up, and Rotational Stability. Later on in the week after reading up on “FMS” I began to analyze the video that Dr. Combs had taken of this particular client. The purpose of analyzing the video is to evaluate the person performing the 7 exercises and scoring them on how well they perform those specific tasks. The exercises point out any imbalances in the body whether that is functional limitations and/or asymmetries. After going through and doing my first evaluation I knew that it was not an easy task because I had to constantly go back and watch the exercises over and over in order to give a fair and accurate score. I soon realized that with practice and analyzing more film that I would become better at it. For the next week Dr. Combs wanted me to take my own video of student athletes performing the 7 exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment